Blue Ridge Responds to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The past several months have been challenging for all of us and we want to thank you for your understanding and patience. During this unprecedented time, we signed the FCC Pledge to Keep America Connected. We suspended data allowances, and for customers who called us and told us that they couldn't pay their bill because of COVID-19, we waived disconnects and late fees. In addition, we launched a Learn from Home Initiative to provide free internet service for families with students who previously did not have Internet Access.
**UPDATED June 19, 2020**
We're Re-Opening and Returning to Standard Operating Procedures
With our areas getting back to normal, we will be returning to our standard operating procedures effective July 1st with the following changes.
- Our Data Allowances will increase to accommodate increased usage; the new allowances can be found at www.brctv.com/allowances.
- In addition, our offices will be opening and our technicians will begin doing in-home work with modifications to keep our employees and customers safe on a rolling schedule over the next several weeks. A separate notice will be sent to customers via email when each of our locations reopens and in-home work begins.
Minimizing Direct Contact Helps Keep Everyone Safe
To accomplish this we are:
- Encouraging customers to make payments electronically using our My Blue Ridge App, our website, by email, phone or by using the drop box located at each of our retail locations. For customers choosing to make payments using our drop box, please use a check or money order and include your email and mailing address so that receipts can be provided. *Payments submitted using our drop box option may take up to 3 business days to process and post to the account.
- Continuing to emphasize Self-Install whenever possible for qualified new connects with our technicians providing on-site support while maintaining a safe social distance.
- Calling ahead of any scheduled appointment to confirm no one in your home is ill or has traveled recently from a “hot spot.” If so, we will need to reschedule your appointment.
Blue Ridge Support Keeps You Connected
- Our website allows you to manage your account remotely and offers live chat sessions and a new helpful support section.
- Our My Blue Ridge App, available for iOS and Android users, allows you to manage many account features, anytime and anywhere.
- Our customer service specialists are available 24/7 at 1-800-222-5377.
- “Blue Ridge View” our recently launched troubleshooting tool, allows us, with customer acceptance, to initiate a video conference session to help fix simple problems in your home.
Blue Ridge is Committed to Safety
- We’ve educated our colleagues on prevention.
- Cleaning and sanitizing our locations more frequently.
- Emphasizing regular and thorough hand washing with antibacterial soap.
- Implemented work from home for the majority of our Customer Support, while practicing social distancing for those that continue to report to their work location.
- Strongly encouraging team members to stay home if they are not feeling well and increased our paid time off policy to allow employees additional time if they are impacted by this virus or need to care for a family member.
Things are very different today than they were in March. While much has changed, one constant is the commitment and care we have for our friends and neighbors in the communities we serve.
We look forward to continuing our relationship and serving you for many more years to come.
Blue Ridge Communications