Amazon Alexa-enabled devices can be used to control your eero network with simple voice commands. You'll still need to use the eero app to control certain network functions, but Alexa can be used to perform several common requests after you enable the skill.
To make it easier to use voice controls with your eero system, make sure devices and family profiles have been assigned names you can remember in the eero app. If you need to rename devices or profiles to make them easier to remember, you can take care of it with the eero app.
1. Open the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet
2. Tap the menu button in the upper left corner
3. Tap Skills and Games
4. Use the magnifying glass in the upper right corner to search for eero
5. Tap the eero app, and then tap ENABLE TO USE
6. Follow the prompts to provide your account information. To complete the process, you’ll need to verify it with the unique one-time access code you’ll receive.
After your account has been verified, you can start using Alexa voice commands with your eero WiFi system.
This article was written based on the most current information available, but eero and Alexa are constantly evolving—that’s one of the reasons that we love them so much! That means that these steps may change over time and without notice.