How to Set Up Alexa Devices to Control eero Network With Voice Commands
How do I set up my Alexa-enabled device to control my eero network with voice commands?
Amazon Alexa-enabled devices can be used to control your eero network with simple voice commands. You'll still need to use the eero app to control certain network functions, but Alexa can be used to perform several common requests after you enable the skill.
You will need
- An active Alexa-enabled device, such as an Echo, an Echo Dot, or an Echo Show
- Amazon’s Alexa app for your smartphone or tablet
- An active internet connection
- An eero WiFi system running eero OS version 2.0.0 or later
- The eero app version 1.3.0 or later (Android or iOS)
To make it easier to use voice controls with your eero system, make sure devices and family profiles have been assigned names you can remember in the eero app. If you need to rename devices or profiles to make them easier to remember, you can take care of it with the eero app.
To install the required Alexa Skill
1. Open the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet
2. Tap the menu button in the upper left corner
3. Tap Skills and Games
4. Use the magnifying glass in the upper right corner to search for eero
5. Tap the eero app, and then tap ENABLE TO USE
6. Follow the prompts to provide your account information. To complete the process, you’ll need to verify it with the unique one-time access code you’ll receive.
After your account has been verified, you can start using Alexa voice commands with your eero WiFi system.
Useful Alexa voice commands for your eero
- Alexa, ask eero to find my phone: Alexa will reveal which eero unit is closest to your phone.
- Alexa, find (name)’s phone using eero: Alexa will reveal which eero unit is closest to the named person’s phone.
- Alexa, tell eero it’s dinner time: Internet service will be paused on all profiles. To restore internet service, open your eero app and tap Unpause or Play on the paused profile. At the moment, you can’t restore internet with voice commands.
- Alexa, ask eero to pause (name)’s profile: Internet service will be paused only for the named profile. To restore internet service, open your eero app and tap Unpause or Play on the paused profile. At the moment, you can’t restore internet with voice commands.
- Alexa, put (name) in Timeout: internet service will be paused only for the named profile.
- Alexa, ask eero to turn off the LEDs: All eero LED lights will be turned off. They’ll still flash white or turn red to notify you of any issues.
- Alexa, ask eero to turn off the (eero unit name) light: Only the specified eero’s LED light will be turned off. It’ll still flash white or turn red to notify you of any issues.
Need more help?
This article was written based on the most current information available, but eero and Alexa are constantly evolving—that’s one of the reasons that we love them so much! That means that these steps may change over time and without notice.
If you’re having trouble with pairing your eero with an Alexa-enabled device, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-222-5377 or contact us online. We’ll do our best to help you make it happen!